Kitchen save 40%

Friday, December 16, 2016

Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs [Instant Pot Pressure Cooker]

Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs

NOTE: NEW website coming soon! Subscribe for updates!
-subscribe using option at the top left of the page


First off, allow me to start off with a Confession I probably should not start this blog with…

I do not like soft boiled eggs. 😝

I LOVE Medium Boiled Eggs, and Hard Boiled Eggs.

Soft Boiled Eggs… too soft for me! However, to each his own!

Nonetheless! I found the perfect technique to make Soft Boiled Eggs in my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, and I thought it only right to share with those who DO like Soft Boiled Eggs.

The sacrificial soft boiled egg…


Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs



Essential Tools

Instant Pot Silicone Mitts

Directions

Place eggs on trivet or steamer rack over 1 1/2 cups water in Instant Pot
Note: you can cook more eggs and cook time will not change


Close lid, and turn Vent knob to “Sealing”


Press “Manual” button and adjust cook time to 3 minutes.
If you aren’t an Instant Pot user, Manual is simply high pressure

The Instant Pot or other pressure cooker will take 5-10 minutes to come to pressure. Once it does, cook time countdown will begin.

When cook time is complete, Instant Pot will beep. Press “Keep Warm/Off” button to turn OFF, and immediately quickly release pressure (QPR) by turning vent knob to “Venting” (I always place a hand towel over the vent knob before releasing pressure).



CAREFULLY but immediately remove eggs from Instant Pot - yesssss…they will be HOT (I use tongs or my Instant Pot Silicone Mitts!).

Immediately place eggs in ice bath, and allow to cool for about 3 minutes.
If you don’t let them cool, they will not be as easy to peel!


Get ready for tears… because they will peel easier than ANY eggs you have EVER made!




Enjoy!

Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs!





Hard Boiled egg (left) versus Medium Boiled egg (right) in the Instant Pot


Learn how to make Hard Boiled Eggs —> Click Here

Learn how to make Medium Boiled Eggs —> Click Here


Connect with us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Check out all of our Favorite Instant Pot Accessories!


No comments:

Post a Comment