Kitchen save 40%

Friday, December 2, 2016

Simply Steamed Green Beans [Instant Pot Pressure Cooker]

NOTE: NEW website coming soon! Subscribe for updates!
-subscribe using option at the top left of the page


I don’t know about you, but I happen to love my veggies - always have!

Oh how I wish I could say the same for my 7 year old (or my 34 year old husband for that matter)…

One day my daughter likes something, the next day she doesn’t. Anyone else face this kid-conundrum?! One day she’s adventurous and willing to try new things, the next day she absolutely refuses. If the veggies have anything but a little salt and butter, forget about it. If they are too hard - nope. Too soft - definitely nope. Simply seasoned and perfectly steamed veggies is the only shot I got.


I was skeptical that the Instant Pot might be a little too pressure-powerful for my skinny, long green beans. But, I found the PERFECT cooking technique to appease my household. Perfectly tender, not too soft, not too hard, simply steamed green beans!





Simply Steamed Green Beans

about 30 Green Beans, rinsed
1/4 t garlic salt
pinch black pepper
1 T melted butter, optional


Rinse green beans, cut off ends if desired. Add 1 cup water at bottom of Instant Pot (IP). Place steamer basket at bottom of IP (over water). Add green beans. Sprinkle with seasonings (If you like more flavor (like me!), up the seasoning game - remember, I am dealing with picky 7 year old…).
Close Instant Pot lid, and close vent to “Sealing”. Press “Steam” button on the front of your IP, press "+/-“ buttons to set steam time for 1 minute. It will take about 5-10 minutes for IP to come to pressure, then 1 minute steam time countdown will commence. When Steam cook time is complete, QPR (place towel over vent before turning vent knob to “Venting” to QPR). Remove carefully from IP and transfer to bowl. Add 1 T melted butter, if desired. 
Serve immediately! Serves 4.


Connect with us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Check out all of our Favorite Instant Pot Accessories!

2 comments:

  1. Found you via insta! This is helpful! I just got my IP on cyber Monday and have only done the water test! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - that’s a good accomplishment! :) My recommendation, just experiment!

      Delete