Kitchen save 40%

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Simply Instant Pot (IP)

Like many others, I quickly fell in love with my Instant Pot (IP).

Like many others as well, I quickly got a little intimidated to use it at first!


I have found that one of the most intimidating things about using my IP was reading other people freaking out about using their IP. Posts on Facebook about how nervous they were… posts on Instagram about how they had no clue what they were doing… posts online about how they had failures. Posts in a Facebook group that they must not be smart enough to use the darn thing because they can’t figure out how to get the lid on… I have seen it all.


And of course, you have your multiple answers to the same questions and lots of people thinking/insisting their “technique” is the best technique.


The second most intimidating thing quickly became the “IP lingo”, as I like to call it. IP owners and users tend to talk in code, acronyms and all, and its hard to know what the heck they are talking about!


Water test, NPR, QPR, 5-5-5, 6-6-6 — what?!


Don’t know what any of those things mean? Don’t worry - we are going to crack the IP code!


The third most intimidating thing is manually releasing the pressure for the first (and maybe even second) time and being overtaken by the gushes of steam - simple fix y’all, use a towel! Cover the vent with a towel before you release pressure… no biggie.

Don’t even know what I mean by release pressure? No worries - we will cover that, too!


I decided to STOP reading, and just START experimenting. What I found is that the darn thing is super friendly. It’s also hella forgiving. The worst thing that can happen is I overcook the heck out of something and feed it to my dog, or the trash. It’s not the end of the world, y’all. Take mental or written note, and move the heck on - adjust next time. If you ask my 7 year old daughter what the one thing I hate hearing her say is, she will respond with “I can’t” - I don’t let her say it. Period. And, I don’t want to hear you or anyone else say it about a kitchen appliance.


You CAN do it. ANYONE can - I hope to make Instant Pot simple.


Lots more to come here at Simply IP - stay tuned.


Subscribe so you catch all the content, comment and give us feedback, and if you want your favorite recipe or technique to be featured, send us a shout to simplyip@yahoo.com.


Simply IP, y’all!



Connect with us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Check out all of our Favorite Instant Pot Accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment