Kitchen save 40%

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Easy Butternut Squash - in 15 minutes! [Instant Pot]

I love butternut squash.

NOTE: NEW website coming soon! Subscribe for updates!

-subscribe using option at the top left of the page


What I don’t love is having to cut it in half while raw (hard as hell, literally) so I can scoop the seeds out, attempt to peel it’s awkward shape, cut it into strips or cubes so I can bake it quicker than the hour it takes whole in an oven that in turn, heats my house!

I digress - I love butternut squash.

I love butternut squash, and I love how easy my Instant Pot (IP) makes it to cook butternut squash!


Easy Butternut Squash

1 large or 2 small butternut squash
1 cup liquid, I use water
IP Rack

Set IP rack over liquid in bottom of IP. Carefully poke 3-4 holes in Butternut Squash using fork or tip of knife (key word, carefully). Place Butternut Squash on rack. Close IP lid. Turn Vent knob to “Sealing”. Press “Manual” button, then adjust cook time using “+/-“ button to 15 minutes. 
IP will pressurize (about 3-5 minutes), then cook time will begin and countdown will display. 
When cook time is complete, IP will beep. Place a hand towel over vent on lid, and turn to “Venting” to quickly allow remaining pressure to release QPR). Remove lid, and carefully transfer butternut squash to a plate. 
Cut in half lengthwise, and easily scoop out seeds. Scoop yummy, perfectly cooked butternut squash out of ‘shell’, and ENJOY.



Simply ENJOY the Butternut Squash as is, use it to make Butternut Squash soup, butternut squash ravioli, butternut squash oats, pancakes or even pie! So versatile!
(more Butternut Squash recipes, coming soon)

I love Butternut Squash!


Connect with us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Check out all of our Favorite Instant Pot Accessories!


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely perfect! I had 2, one larger than the other but they were both cooked perfectly. The skin just fell off as I pulled them out. Cut them up and served with fresh rosemary sauteed in butter for a delicious savory side! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete