Kitchen save 40%

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Cinnamon Chip Cheesecake [Pressure Cooker]

Cinnamon Chip Cheesecake

NOTE: NEW website coming soon! Subscribe for updates!
-subscribe using option at the top left of the page


I have the 6 qt IP-60DUO Instant Pot Pressure Cooker - I cannot tell you how much I love this machine! It has made my life so much easier. When I got it, I never imagined I would make CHEESECAKE in it. I was of the mindset that some things are better left for the oven.

Baking in a pressure cooker? I don’t know… Well, now that I have made this Cinnamon Chip Cheesecake, my Pumpkin Pie Bread and Banana Cake Bread, even Perfect Semi-homemade Cornbread in my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker… I have changed my mind!

Please DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED by making cheesecake. I hear that so many people are. OK - I admit it, I was, too.

To be HONEST with you, making my Pumpkin Pie Bread or Banana Cake Bread is harder than this cheesecake (although I would consider none of them difficult, truly)!

Personal opinion here: I am not a huge fan of the over-the-top cheesecakes that have peanut butter cups or cookies or drizzles of whatever toppings. Cheesecake is divine. It is rich and delicious, creamy and sweet. Do you really need chopped chocolate candies, cookies and all that other jazz? Personally, I think it totally takes away the simple, rich, pure deliciousness I LOVE about cheesecake. To Each His Own

This Cinnamon Chip Cheesecake is the perfect balance of adding flavor, but not taking away from the innate divinity that is Cheesecake!


Cinnamon Chip Cheesecake
[Pressure Cooker]



Ingredients

Filling
16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup milk*, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 t packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 t cinnamon
pinch salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup cinnamon chips*

Crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 8 full crackers, grind to fine crumbs
4 T butter, melted
1 T sugar
1/4 t cinnamon (if using cinnamon graham crackers, can omit)
2 T cinnamon chips

*some recipes call for heavy cream, but I use regular 1 or 2% milk (whatever I have in the fridge — turns out GREAT!
**cinnamon chips can sometimes be hard to find in stores, so I often buy online!


Essential Tools

Pressure Cooker, I have the 6 qt IP-60DUO Instant Pot
7 inch springform pan* I used this Nordic Ware panbut I love this Patisse springform pan, too
*can also use a push pan, but I prefer springform
Food Processor**, I have a Black & Decker - has lasted me YEARS!
**can also use hand mixer but I MUCH prefer the food processor

Directions

Process graham cracker crumbs to a fine crumb - I use my Kitchen Aid hand mixer with mini food processor attachment so I don’t get my large food processor dirty before needing to use it for the filling. You can also put the graham crackers in a zip top back and bang the mess out of them with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin!


In processor or small mixing bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon and mix until well combined.

Pour crumbs into springform pan (or push pan if using) and evenly press it into the bottom of the pan and up the side about an inch. I use my good ole clean fingers!
Sprinkle 2 T cinnamon chips on prepared crust. I also sprinkle additional cinnamon and sugar because…why not?! Totally optional. Set prepared crust aside.


In food processor bowl, add cream cheese, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and pinch of salt. Combine very well (top 2 pictures).

Add both eggs, then mix very lightly until JUST combined. On my food processor, I pulse 5-6 times tops! Most important part of cheesecake is to NOT over-mix the eggs.


Fold in cinnamon chips to mixed batter just until combined. Pour batter over prepared crust.


Create foil “sling” using 1 long piece of foil, about 1 1/2 feet long. Fold edges into the center lengthwise… the point is for you to use this to put the cheesecake in the pressure cooker and take it out.

Cover cheesecake with 1 large paper towel (you can see below, I only had the small pieces so criss crossed them - don’t do this if you don’t have to because the paper towel may sort of fall into your cheesecake and leave paper marks [mine did, but whatever… taste NOT affected!].

Loosely cover paper towel with foil. 

Pour 1 cup water in bottom of pressure cooker. Place short trivet over water. Then use foil sling to place cheesecake in pressure cooker.


Close lid and close vent knob.
For Instant pot, turn vent knob to “Sealing”


Choose High Pressure option, and set cook time to 38 minutes.
For Instant Pot, press Manual (should default to High Pressure), and use +/- buttons to adjust cook time to 38 minutes.


When cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release (NPR) fully, this took about 20 minutes for me.

How do you know when the pressure has released? For most pressure cookers, you should have an indicator pin that drops - if you look at the picture above that shows the Instant Pot Vent Knob being turned to sealing, to the right of that knob, take note of the silver “pin” - when up, the pot in pressurized; when down, the pressure has release.

Carefully remove cheesecake with foil sling, remove foil and paper towel, then allow to cool on counter for 1 hour. 



Afterwards, cover with paper towel and plastic wrap or foil (I use the same foil I covered it with in pressure cooker, making sure to have dried it completely) and allow to cool completely in fridge, about 6-8 hours. I know, its so long to wait, but trust me it is worth it!

Unlatch your springform pan, and carefully pull up to remove side of springform pan. Transfer to dish, or serve from springform pan bottom (BUT be CAREFUL not to scratch it!).

You’ll want to eat it so fast, I know… but take a slow, thoughtful bite. It is SO DELICIOUS - it deserves to be mindfully savored!

If you’re anything like me, you’ll end up with a sliver for breakfast with a cup of Ready-for-Adventure coffee, too!

Cinnamon Chip Cheesecake
[Pressure Cooker]



NOTES:
  • You may have noticed I do not add a sour cream topping - it’s just not my thing. If you want to, do it.
    • Use 1 cup sour cream + 3 t sugar mixed well. Pour on cheesecake immediately when it comes out of pressure cooker. Follow all other steps as written above
  • If you use a smaller pan, you will need to adjust cook time
    • 6 inch springform or push pan: 40 minutes
    • mini 4 inch pans (divided into 3 pans): 12-15 minutes (I have not done this using these pans personally)
Follow us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Check out all of our Favorite Pressure Cooker Accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment