Kitchen save 40%

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pumpkin Pie Bread [Pressure Cooker]

Pumpkin Pie Bread

NOTE: NEW website coming soon! Subscribe for updates!
-subscribe using option at the top left of the page


So, I totally made this recipe up on a whim...

It’s true... I had leftover canned pumpkin in my fridge - I made my Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal the day before. I decided I’d use the leftover pumpkin to experiment! Perhaps I can make pumpkin bread in my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. I had no clue how it would come out…

So now that you must have COMPLETE confidence in me, let me share the glory of my wingin’-it Pumpkin Pie Bread. I

I call it “Pumpkin PIE bread” intentionally. The texture of this “bread” is kinda like pie. Like seriously, its moist like pumpkin pie filling, but dense and bread-like enough to cut, pick up and eat with your hands. It’s not like your average pumpkin or banana bread texture - its so much more… gosh… pudding like! Its so moist. It’s so soft. It’s slightly spiced, with just enough pumpkin, and not too sweet. It’s freaking delicious…

and, I made it in my [Instant Pot] Pressure Cooker! How cool is that?

Confession: I made this Pumpkin Pie Bread 4 days ago… and I have one slice left… and I haven’t shared… with anyone. Can I blame the fact that I am 31 weeks pregnant for eating the whole thing by myself (with frosting)?
😆
Pumpkin Pie Bread



Ingredients

Cooking spray
2-3 T flour

2 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/4 t nutmeg
1/8 t all spice

1/4 cup butter, softened to room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple sugar
1/4 cup oil (I use vegetable or canola oil)
1 t vanilla
1 cup pure pumpkin
2 eggs


Essential Tools

6 cup Bundt Pan, I have this Nordic Ware Bundt pan
Pressure Cooker, I have the IP-DUO60 6 qt Instant Pot
Trivet aka cooking rack, like this K Steel cooking rack
Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer, I have this Kitchen Aid Pro Stand Mixer*
*passed down from my Grandma, my Nonna Maria - it is super special 😊
Measuring utensils, spoons & cups


Directions

Prepare bundt pan - lightly spray with cooking spray, then coat very lightly with flour (add about 2-3 T flour to sprayed bundt pan and tap it around so coat). Lightly tap bundt pan to loosen and remove all excess flour. Preparing the bundt pan will ensure the bread does not stick.


Prepare pressure cooker - add 1 1/2 cups water to bottom of pressure cooker pot, and place trivet / cooking rack on top of water.




In separate mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices.


In large mixing bowl with hand mixer or stand mixer, blend butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 45-60 seconds on medium high speed.

Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with spatula to ensure all is combined.

Add maple syrup, vanilla and oil. Blend well, about 15-30 second on medium high speed.


Add pumpkin. Blend well, about 15-30 seconds on medium high speed.

Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with spatula to ensure all is combined.


Add eggs 1 at a time until just combined, about 15 seconds after adding each egg on medium speed - do not over mix eggs.

Add half flour mixture, blend just until combined, about 15 seconds on low speed. Add remaining dry ingredients and blend just until combined, another 15 seconds on low speed.

It’s okay to see some flour not totally combined.


Use your spatula to gently mix in the remaining, then transfer pumpkin pie bread batter to prepared bundt pan using a spatula to evenly distribute.

Tap bundt pan on counter to get rid of larger air bubbles.


Cover bundt pan with foil and place covered bundt pan on trivet in Pressure Cooker.


Close lid and close vent knob - for Instant Pot, turn vent knob to “sealing”.

Cook for 45 minutes on High Pressure -  for Instant Pot, press manual then adjust time to 45 minutes using +/- buttons.

NOTE! If not using this bundt pan (http://amzn.to/2i1jbZ4), but using a round or springform pan, you will likely need to increase cook time from 45 mins to 50-55.

When cook time is complete, allow pot to naturally depressurize (NPR) for 10 minutes, then quickly release any remaining pressure (QPR).

Carefully remove bundt pan from Pressure Cooker - I tilt my inner pot slightly and use a towel to remove the bundt pan. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from bundt pan.


Allow Pumpkin Pie bread to cool completely before cutting and serving.




I like to serve after chilling it for at least an hour int he fridge with some powdered sugar and a dollop of a frosting of your choice - I like cream cheese or vanilla frosting for this! Up to you 😀

Pumpkin Pie Bread


Follow us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

Check out all of our Favorite Instant Pot Accessories!

1 comment:

  1. Did you use Maple Sugar? Or Maple Syrup? My husband so wants to make this!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete